Sominex sleep aid
Sominex sleep aid is used for relieving short-term sleeplessness due to minor aches and pains. Sominex is an antihistamine and analgesic combination. Diphenhydramine causes drowsiness to help you fall asleep. Acetaminophen works in certain areas of the brain and nervous system to decrease pain.
Use Sominex as directed by your doctor.
- Sominex may be taken with or without food.
- If you miss a dose of Sominex, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Sominex.
Side effects of Sominex sleep aid
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Sominex sleep aid, Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth, nose, or throat; excitability; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness or anxiety; trouble sleeping; upset stomach; vomiting; weakness.
- Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); dark urine or pale stools; difficulty urinating or inability to urinate; fast or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; seizures; severe dizziness, lightheadedness, or headache; stomach pain; tremor; trouble sleeping; unusual fatigue; vision changes; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.
Store Sominex at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Sominex out of the reach of children and away from pets.